Sunday, August 18, 2013

No Whine Here

Good wine, paired not necessarily with the perfect plate but with the proper company, can make an evening.  I was introduced to this wine by Katie's parents as a contribution (that was immediately consumed) to Joe's new apartment when they visited the night of our anniversary, the day Joe moved to DC.  Their move to Iowa from the DC area coincided with Joe's move to DC.  There was reason to pause, reflect, celebrate.
 
Any wine would've worked, but this crowd-pleaser was a hit.  Apparently it has a well-focused nose.  I didn't notice that, but I did know the subtle fruit background, which I later discovered was red raspberry and pomegranate, with a hint of vanilla. 
I don't have a problem with wine...I have a problem without it!




No comments:

Post a Comment