Thursday, November 1, 2012

havoc and bright lights

I finally got around to downloading Alanis Morissette's new album, havoc and bright lights.

I've been waiting four years for AM to release something and now she has - and I've been rockin' to it ever since.  I am so glad she's back!

She has always been a profound lyricist, and so I was very excited to see if she would go autobiographical as she can now add marriage, motherhood, and attachment parenting to her list of topics...and I was glad she did.  It's all still there:  self-care, prayer, solitude, oversights, imperatives.  But guess what?   havoc and bright lights  has been received with mixed reviews, some saying this is too meditational...really?  She rocks just as much as ever...I find that, isn't it, well, it's a little bit ironic?







No comments:

Post a Comment