Wednesday, June 5, 2013

JoeJune5

Happy Birthday to my baby...that handsome man we don't get to see enough because he's always working.  So many of the sweet extras in life - history, philosophy, religion, politics, economics, music, languages - I learned the details from him.  Things he knows nothing about?  Not sure - he really knows a lot about a lot.  Well, maybe cooking, although, now that I think about it, he makes a mean crêpe.

Joe . . . you will be working hard on June 5, at that place you go, earning a reputation, a bonus, another opportunity.  In fact, I know it's promising to be one of those 18+ hour days that you have grown so accustomed to grinding through because of another possible acquisition, some secret news that keeps first-year investment banking analysts like you working nearly round the clock.  I admire that you are going through the paces, with so much grace and little complaining, taking the last-minute workload surprises in stride and seeing your proverbial glass (of 5-Hour Energy) half full anyway.  Thanks for still always squeezing a minute (or ten) in for me on a daily basis.  I value those calls!  My birthday wish for you this year is that you get some discretionary time soon - to sit on the couch, to breathe in and breathe out, to run by the lake, to enjoy a coffee, a hair cut, a phone conversation, a weekend.

You bring a light to my life, our lives, as you challenge us to new ways of thinking and share vid clips and tips on authors and artists.  Twenty-four years ago I couldn't imagine the joy of you.  Now I can't live without it.  Love you JFM!
JFM




Flowers from Joe 

There's no place like home, in Milwaukee


Our shortest visit:  a Friday night when dinner plans
became a quick Starbucks trip due to unexpected extra work


No comments:

Post a Comment