Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Global Mamas

Global Mamas!  Wow, just the words give me a chill.  We're all in this together and the mutual spirit of motherng is a language without words.  I learned about Global Mamas from my friend, Rebekah, whose husband just returned from a Ghana church trip.    They are a group of producers (6 women artisans back in 2004 that has grown to nearly 500 producers in many western African communities) that create hand-made products for sale online.

Go here for more information:   http://www.tradeforchange.com/

The next time you are looking for a gift or just want to browse through Target, consider that your purchases at Trade for Change might might just help a global mama and her family improve their living conditions, helping with their financial independence (and we all know THAT good feeling).

I don't know if the bracelets or bags will grab me, but the bulk shea butter is on my list.  See how they make it by watching this:  http://www.globalmamas.org/puresheaproject.htm

God Bless Global Mamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment