Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Coming your way, Czech Republic!

We are on the train to Prague!  It's a quiet and pleasant ride - the countryside so picturesque.  I wish the travel in the US was this easy, reliable, safe, widespread,and inexpensive!

 I'm pinching myself because this seemed such an ancient land when I was young - I remember learning about Czechoslovakia and was spooked that it existed behind the Iron Curtain.  And I remember, only months after Joe was born, reading about the horror of Tienneman Square, and that about this same time this country was successful with their student-initiated protests that led to their eventual freedom of communist rule in 1989. 

Prague, here we come!

1 comment:

  1. Just looked it up on a map - very cool! Safe travels and enjoy Prague!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete