Monday, September 24, 2012

This One's for You!

Angst...trepidation...and a long list of to-dos.  This trip was definitely your idea, my dear love.  Two weeks without my prized telephone conversations with the kids (and no chance of visiting Chicago or Milwaukee).  We are covering a lot of ground - 4 countries in 13 days!  Just the way you planned it.  There's so much to do to get ready:  Paper and mail stopped?  Check!  New camera and iPad?  Check!  Plants watered, credit card companies notified, playlists made, movies downloaded, Bit-o-Honey bought...And here's one I never would've considered...brother Steve says to turn that water heater off (where's that anyway?).  In between my excitement and my worry, I turn my head in the direction of you, busy with travel guides and laptop and scratch paper, and I realize...you are worth every last Euro.  Happy birthday, love, and here's to many more 15 years together!



1 comment: