Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Maloneys!

The wedding of the year occurred last Saturday (10.12.13) when Matt married Kelly.

There's so much to say and so few pictures on my phone.

I've consoled myself about my lack of documentation - that's a good sign, really.  I had the time of my life.  I felt like a queen (hair, mani, pedi, facial, makeup...) and I watched our prince marry his princess.  It was magical.  I had no time to look down at my phone (certainly no pockets!) so I'm hoping the photographers come through...

It was a series of events, that I do not ever want to forget:

Wednesday - All day spa date with Kate
Thursday - Dinner invite from the happy couple - a thank you dinner that included only the 4 parents, held at Vino's - the restaurant where they had their first date ten years ago this month
Thursday late - Karaoke with Laurie, Steve and Dan (among others) at Miguels
Friday - Bridal lunch at the Cedar Rapids Country Club
Friday pm - Rehearsal and dinner at Shores Event Center, complete with heartfelt speeches from Shawn, Jeanne, Karin, Laurie, Steve, Dan, Barb, Kelly, Matt...and me!
Friday late - after party at our hospitality room
Saturday am - Griddle with the Groom! for the men and Bagels on the Bridegroom! for the women/children
Saturday - beautiful, modern, classic 2 pm wedding and reception at The Hotel at Kirkwood Center
Saturday late - after party at our hospitality room
Sunday - Newlywed Brunch at our home and later gift opening at Krapfl's

Two favorites
























1 comment:

  1. SUCH A FUN WEEKEND! Thanks for the nice post, Jen, and for everything you did to make our wedding weekend such a success. It was perfect in our eyes and we are so lucky to have you and Shawn in our lives. We love you! xo, your new DIL

    ReplyDelete