Tuesday, July 2, 2013

LSD

Bike the Drive 2013

We had the opportunity to bike Lake Shore Drive on Sunday morning of Memorial Day weekend - as in, bike in the middle of the road, both northbound (to Bryn Mawr) and southbound (turning around at the Museum of Science and Industry).

Yes, it was a while ago, but I'm behind on all-things-life, and I just want to capture this so I don't ever forget it.  Being with two of my best life friends, Shawn and Kate, and mostly just being on my own as I cruised the drive, with the secure knowledge that, while we focused on riding more than visiting, they mostly were ahead or behind me.  It was an exhilarating way to spend a Sunday morning.

I kept thinking of Einstein, who, they say, was riding a bike when he came up with e = mc².

Nothing that profound came to me on my bike that morning.  Just the usual:  It's great to be here.
Special Steil

No comments:

Post a Comment