provided by https://www.bluezonesproject.com/
Top 5 Ways To Cut Seasonal Stress and Have Fun!
Here come the holidays, and with them a nonstop circuit of feasting, festivities, friends and family. If you feel stressed during this busy time, here’s how to put some fun (and relaxation) back into the holidays:
- Enjoy party favorites in moderation.
If you’re headed to a party, you can still enjoy party snacks and a drink or two. Just remind yourself to stop eating when you are 80% full.
- Wine at 5. Relax with friends over a glass of wine. Studies show that a glass of wine a day can boost your well-being and possibly even add years to your life.
- Make time to move it! Stay active during the holidays. If possible, ride a bike or take a walk instead of driving. At work, take a walking break instead of grabbing coffee and a snack from the vending machine or goody tray. Walk the dog after dinner with your family and friends. Most importantly, stay active by doing what you enjoy.
- Create time together. Make it a point to establish fun, family traditions, whether it’s baking holiday treats and delivering them to a senior center, or going ice skating on Christmas Eve. Do something that brings you closer to your family, friends, and community.
- Remember to downshift. Schedule some time for yourself. Read a book, take the dog for a walk, or relax with friends.