Friday, December 13, 2013

Gifts at Christmastime

There's so much that comes with this special season - the decorating, the cards, the gifts, the food.

Sometime during the month, I always take time for a good holiday music cry (see the link below) - in between the pressures to attend holiday gatherings and to also set the stage for a magical experience for those who gather under our tree, those closest to me.  The shift away from what was familiar in my early years to making choices for my young family, to, now - to new traditions as our family changes - it's all healthy growth and I truly recognize it as the best gift, a life I notice, a life I choose.

Holiday rituals change, of course.  But clinging to the familiar can help too, like special tree ornaments and other treasures we discover as we unpack them once a year.  Also, I'm big on lighting cheap cinnamon candles and revisiting other favorite season perennials (hot chocolate with butterscotch schnapps is a good start).

Here's to a holiday of purpose, of unlimited possibilities, of celebration and reflection.  And hopefully some new scented lotion.
A treasure - Marie made this wreath for me.

My tree skirt, a special treasure made by my mom.

Sinead O'Conner - I Believe in You (watch it and you're welcome) -  tech tip:  you may need to find a device with Adobe FlashPlayer to watch this:

1 comment:

  1. I really like this line: Here's to a holiday of purpose, of unlimited possibilities, of celebration and reflection. Can't wait to celebrate with you next week!

    ReplyDelete