Friday, May 17, 2013

RAKs

In Kate's blog today, in her interesting person interview, RAKs are mentioned, as in random acts of kindness - as in, things we should try to fit in at least once each day!

It's amazing what a big aromatic handful of stolen lilacs, strategically placed as a surprise at the end of the day, can mean to a stressed out working girl.  Thanks, sweets!  And then, just when my spirits are swallowed up by a four-hour facilities meeting deciding induction loop zones and recording panels when I would rather be walking with my Friday friends, I am greeted back in the office with a surprise batch of my favorite herb, ever...sweet Basil!

Now it's my turn to give...hmmm...a random act of kindness.  I can't make a meal for someone in need tonight, I just can't, and I don't have the energy to help anyone in any big kind of way as this work day winds down.  Maybe I'll just focus on a smile, just patience and kindness, underrated and so appreciated.

Bathroom Bouquet

Basil Surprise

No comments:

Post a Comment