Friday, April 12, 2013

Thatcherisms

If I had been more interested in politics during her reign, I'm guessing I would've collided a few times with her decisions, but it's her leadership that gets my admiration.  The Iron Lady never did mince words:
  • Being powerful is like being a lady.  If you have to tell people you are, you aren't.
  • Disciplining yourself to do what you know is right and important, although difficult, is the highroad to pride, self-esteem, and personal satisfaction.
  •  If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.
  •  If you just set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.
  •  Europe was created by history. America was created by philosophy.
 And my personal favorite:
  • Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment