Thursday, August 21, 2014

How 'Bout Never?

Some people are just not into me - I know, I know!  Hard to imagine!

I've stopped running after them.  It's not that they aren't worth it...no, no!  They're very much worth it...but I've stopped trying to figure them out.  Whenever I notice having more time for them than they have for me, I put on my running shoes and go for a short reassess.  Interdependence is not everyone's deal, after all.  Just because they have no energy for me today - and won't return my text, my call, my email - well, maybe later, in the nursing home, we'll be best friends.  Don't burn the bridge!

There are a couple prized people who seem to dig a daily dose of me.  That's the side of the street you'll find me on...join me, if you like (we'll move over and make room for you).


- Bob Mankoff, cartoon editor, New Yorker

No comments:

Post a Comment